The concept of Intellectual Property in India and the world over is taken to be sacrosanct and impregnable propriety, which has made Patents, Trade Marks, Copyright, Designs, Transfer of Technologies rather tangible in terms of propriety. New laws, for the registration and protection of these rights, have replaced the old and antiquated laws, not only in India but also all over the globe. IP rights are valuable assets, which need to be scrupulously guarded against from being infringed or misused.
The practice of Aggarwal Associates is concentrated on the protection, enforcement, and licensing of trademarks, patents, copyrights and industrial designs; trade secrets; technology transfers and licensing (domestic and international); Internet and domain name issues; media and entertainment; anti-counterfeiting programs, Opposition and Cancellation proceedings in various trademark registries in India, Intellectual property acquisitions and transfers, and related litigation in various courts of India. Our firms’ Attorneys have argued many cases involving many complex legal issues for the past 34 years and obtained successful judgments where several propositions of law have been settled. We try to harness the knowledge of the law and devise the most appropriate strategy to obtain the most favorable result for the client in the most cost-effective manner.
• Protection of world-famous brands in the world through prosecution, litigation and Opposition proceedings.
• Drafting and negotiating of IP related agreements intellectual property licenses, assignments, and related agreements,
• Developing global and domestic trademark enforcement, management, strategies
• Character licensing/merchandising and related litigation and Opposition proceedings of famous Entertainment companies
• Argued patent infringement cases against major multinationals
• Publishing and copyright-related litigation for authors in India.
• Regularly advising clients operating in USA, Europe, and Asia on the management of intellectual property assets and the resolution of technology-based disputes, commercialization of their intellectual property assets.
• Developing intellectual property protection for new products and services.